Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Daughter

Alivia Rose Shearer came to us on November 30, 2006. She is seven weeks premature. I developed severe preclampsia and the doctors had to induce me. I pushed her out in an hour and half. It was so very very painful people.
She weighed in at 4 lbs 14 oz and 18 inches long. Her feet and hands are gigantic!!
On day two of her life she got moved from NICU to Special Care. We are hoping to have her home by Christmas.
I had to be transferred to another hospital about an hour from our town because my hospital didn't have room for her.
We are lucky enough to be in the Ronald McDonald house. We visit her every three hours for feeding. Please, keep us in your prayers. Alivia is doing well, but she has a ways to go.

13 comments:

yrautca said...

Well I do hope that you and baby are doing fine. It sounds like things didnt go as planned but I am sure you are happy and excited nonetheless. Take care of yourself!

Courtney O. said...

I love you and I'm praying for all three of you :)
I'm sorry to hear that she's still in the hospital - for some reason I was under the impression that yall would all be going home together on Saturday...
I'm so relieved that you're ok and I know Alivia will be just fine also.
Let me know if there's anything I can do. Anything at all. Love you.

Natalia said...

My thoughts are with you both. She sounds like a strong little fighter. I hope she gets well very soon.

-N

Px said...

congratulations
you are all in my thoughts and like everyone else, I'm sure that you will all be ok
my nephew was premature (can't remember by how long now) but he's now 13 and bigger than my sister (his mum)

Lindsey said...

Oh Berly!!! Congratulations!!!

I'm so sorry for all of the stress though. It's going to be okay. Promise.

Holy crap...you're a mom!!!

Pheebs said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be praying for all of you!

Can't wait to see what she looks like!

SS said...

Oh, wow, congrats! I'm sure she'll be healthy and raising Hell for you guys for you know it. Nonetheless, you are in my thoughts.

Also, thanks for being honest about how much it hurts. I hate when people lie about that =)

Drywall Mom said...

Congratulations. I hope all is doing well and that you get plenty of rest. You'll need when she comes home.

Princess Pessimism said...

OHHHH Congrats....

Totally praying for you.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Berly! My younger brother was 8 weeks premature in 1990, back then, the odds of survival/normal life for a child that premature were not good. But now he's a hell-raising 16 (almost 17) year old and I can't believe he's the same kid who was on a respirator in an incubator, with an IV in his head, fighting for life.
I'm excited to see pictures. Hang in there. Keep us posted.

Katie said...

congratulations
i will pray for you both!

Princess Pessimism said...

Post again...how's she doing??

Lindsey said...

Are we ever going to get pictures?