Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's broke

So, I'm a fixer.
I can listen and comfort and not say a word but all the while I will be trying to figure out a solution to the problem, reason for sadness, etc. in my head. I won't tell. Unless you ask of course, or if you are close enough to me that I speak my mind no matter what. Then I'll fix it.
Anyhoo
Point is this.
I have come across a situation I can't fix.
And all my ideas to help apparently won't work.
But it is one of those situations that if it doesn't get fixed then my children will suffer, not to mention my husband and rest of my family.
I'm not the one to fix it. I have come to terms with that.
So what next?

6 comments:

SS said...

Hmmmm... I know what you mean (although, then again, I don't specifically know what you mean... but I know generally of what you speak). It's good that you've come to terms with the fact that it's not up to you to fix it - I am really bad at that myself. As for what to do next... well, when you're waiting on others you never know how that wait will go.

yrautca said...

There arent many situations that cant be fixed. Dynamics change over time and sometimes it takes a bit of patience to reach a good solution. I hope that you figure it out.

Courtney O. said...

You speak in code, little Berly :)
Do email or call me soon...

Px said...

sometimes fixing things isn't always an option, coming to terms with this is the only way forward

Natalia said...

I think learning not to be a fixer is a great lesson. We tend to take on other people's issues and other people to fix. And some things cannot be fixed at all. Next? Celebrate your freedom.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I've been there far too often myself.

Sometimes things tend to work themselves out.

Hope it does for you.

Glad to see your still writing!