Saturday, January 22, 2011

Coffee and Cartoons

Saturday mornings are my mornings to get up with the kids.
And they don't understand weekends yet.
So on cue (6:45 am) I hear tiny footsteps on their way to my room.
I hear, "Momma, I want a snack. Momma, Momma, Momma."
I carry the boy out of the room.
I turn on cartoons.
I stand by the coffee pot willing it to brew my coffee faster.
I browse the internet, check email and wait anxiously to hear another set of footsteps coming from my room. Those footsteps tell me the hubs is awake.
I live for those footsteps.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ha. I just had a whole mess of confusion regarding you at PP's blog and I can't even blame early mornings. :)

Princess Pessimism said...

Linny's gone insane.

6:45?? YIKES - on a weekend??? your kids need to learn the value of sleeping in. LOL