Monday, June 20, 2005

Whenever I drive for a long period of time, my mind automatically switches to deep mode and I address feelings and thoughts that I normally suppress because I have not the time to entertain them.
Point.
I realized this weekend as I was driving to Houston, and much of the surrounding cities, that I miss my friends.
Of course I have some friends in town that I talk to and hang out with. But I miss my college friends. We were such a fun circle. And I really don't feel like myself without them in my life.
Damn, I hate growing up.
I miss Courtney and the crazy way she had of making something ordinary into something funny or dramatic.
I miss Laurie and her quiet reserved manner. And the way she could never poop unless she was alone in the dorm.
I miss Shana "in the raw". You always knew exactly how she felt about something. That girl rarely holds back.
I miss Sandra and her constipation.
I miss Dianne and her prim and proper way.
I miss Lisa. My first best friend. The girl who taught me it was okay to be silly and okay to be myself. Even if the world wasn't ready for me.
No matter who I meet or make friends with now doesn't compare to these ladies. And I miss them with all my being.
And I miss who I was with them around.

3 comments:

The Shib said...

I think the world is ready.

Courtney O. said...

I miss you too, Berle!

sv4494 said...

you are a great person kimberly and these friends that you have aquired over the years will always be your true and dearest friends. Because as you do get older you may not talk to, or see, or even do things with these friends for long period of time; however...you are a true friend and so you have gained true and loyal friends as well. I have Rhonda,Melinda,Karessa,Trina & Shonda that will always be my true & loyal friends. That at any time they could call me or me then and if I (or they) needed anything would stop everything to help out in there time of need. Whatever it may be. I know what you mean about getting older, just wait until you have a child. You are like me in the way that you will always keep in touch with them and try to see them as much as yours & there busy lives will let ya'll. Getting older & having kids does have a plus side. Just look at how close Vivien & Annie are. Trina's child and my child will be good friends too. Through us they will learn the value of being a good friend and having good friends. Just think your child and Lisa's child one day could be friends just like Mine and Trina's girls.
:) I love you, Stephanie