Friday, July 29, 2005

Carrer Woman "Kim"

I went for a second interview with a law office yesterday. My first was back in January. They filled the position with someone who had experience. They called me a few days ago wanting to know if I was still interested in a position with them. I was.
I am now a legal assistant for the law office of Bill Youngkin.
That's right.
I got the job.
I am super excited.
Wanted to pee myself.
I have dreams of greatness and a relief beyond words to know that I will not be one day without a job.
Since my old job found somebody yesterday to replace me, I don't have to finish my last week. And well, of course Mr. Youngkin wants me to start working as soon as I can.
Which will be Monday.
Monday I shall start a new life.
Or so it feels.

Downer-one of the lawyers called me Kim. Do I correct him on Monday or just let it be?

3 comments:

Courtney O. said...

Let it be, "Kim" - new careern, new name! Congrats on the new job!!! I'm so happy for you!

berly02 said...

I was always against "Kim" because it sounded like a barbie name.
Perhaps I am now the law office barbie, or barbie who eats and does not throw up.

sv4494 said...

Kimberly,
i'm so happy for you. I know that you were a little bit worried about not finding a job. I wasn't worried I knew something big would come along for you. You will do great there. love you