Thursday, August 19, 2010

Change of Plans

The hubs and I were planning a big trip to Egypt this year for our 10 years together, 7 married, and we both turned 29 for the second time. Big year. So we went to the post office. Gave them $300 and our birth certificates and they told us we should receive our passports in 6 to 8 weeks. Mine is here. It is beautiful.
I mean, its a passport, but I'm super excited to have it, so its beautiful.
The hubs received a letter stating he submitted a birth card, and it has insufficient information to complete the application for a passport.
Damn.
Now we have to get a certified copy of his birth certificate from Austin (10 to 15 business days and another $22) and then send it back to the Charleston passport office. And I can only assume it will take another month after that to get his passport.
So . . . . . .
We aren't going.
I am now working on him to book Vegas for his sister's birthday.
Maybe we could renew our vows in the Little White Chapel.

3 comments:

wigsf said...

Oh oh oh, get an Elvis impersonator to renew your vows!

Princess Pessimism said...

Thats sucky!!! BUT think of all the money you're saving and check southwest for GOOD deals. You can get flight AND hotel for almost all of the hotels in vegas. you'll be good.

berly02 said...

If we go and we renew, I'm totally getting "Elvis" to walk me down the aisle.