Monday, March 21, 2011

Long Week!

I have never been so happy to say goodbye to Spring Break!
My son is punishment times 10 for every bad or mean thing I have ever done ever.
I took him and his sister to Sea World this past weekend.
It's three hours from us. But suppose to be "totally" worth the trip.
It wasn't. At least not for me.
Alivia and the friends we met there seemed to have a great time.
Which I am thankful. Jackson, well, it is hard to say if he had fun or not. He alternated between fussing to be held/carried (which I did ALOT) and getting in trouble for being mean to others.
Plus side, my biceps are looking amazing.

*sigh*
I am now on the lookout for some good parenting books to help me with him.
To start, I'm looking for The 5 Languages of Children.
If anyone has other good ones, send the suggestions my way.

8 comments:

yrautca said...

Do all Texans refer to their daughters as their sons' sisters? haha...you crack me up.

Well my mom had three sons and good old fashioned spanking was often employed as a parenting tool. Look how I turned out ;)

Princess Pessimism said...

I wish I had some book suggestions for you. I dont...sorry - But YAY to awesome biceps.

berly02 said...

Yrautca - ha! Didn't even realize I did that. Too funny. And spanking doesn't work. I could be the kid till he was bleeding and as soon as I let him go, he'd go back to doing whatever it was he was getting spanked for.

PP - Thanks. I found another one on top of the one I was looking for. *fingers crossed*

berly02 said...

*be* should have been beat :)

Phil said...

Magic 1-2-3

yrautca said...

left you a comment on my blog

Lindsey said...

I feel for you. I took my 3 nephews (6, 3 and 1 1/2) to a zoo and for ice cream all by myself. Was carrying one all over the place and another got stuck in the playground equipments and I had to send the 6 year old up to break him free....I barely survived! :)

Phil said...

I suggest you blog more often. You are a blog slacker my friend.