Monday, March 14, 2011

T-Storm

Spring is here. With it's very first thunderstorm!
While I don't much care for rain because it keeps kids indoors (especially since this week is spring break), I LOVE thunderstorms.
LOVE LOVE LOVE them.
Love the boom of thunder. Love the pitter-patter of raindrops.
Love the way it makes you want to cuddle in bed or under a blanket.
And I really love the when the electricity goes out and we all have to sit around with candles and play games and enjoy each other.
While I will miss the semi-cold and the 1% chance of snow(don't forget, I live in Texas), I will embrace the storms and be ever grateful for what they mean.
Yeah for Spring!

3 comments:

Princess Pessimism said...

Me too. I love them. I also love sitting in the car in the rain and listening to the tinny echo of rain hitting the metal. I always sleep so good during thunder stroms

yrautca said...

Atlanta gets them too. I remember a storm would come in the afternoon, roar and rain and disappear and then it would get humid again. Sometimes you could see steam coming off of the road. And when I was a kid, it was fun wen the lights went out and we all sat together sang, played games, and ate peanuts.

berly02 said...

PP - OOOh! I do love the sound of the drops on metal. Very nice.

Yrautca - I hate humidity, but I can always deal with it just after a good storm. I'm so glad you have found memories of family time during outages too!