Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Two gray hairs

Things that used to be funny to me, are not.
People I used to love to be around, annoy me.
And all these little things that I used to want and strive for, mean nothing to me.
I just want to like my job, love my husband, go to sleep early, have enough money to not be worried all the time, spend a few nights out of the year with my friends, and drink a good cup of coffee in the morning. (oh! and be skinny of course, but I don't think that will ever go away, even with age)
Does that sound old to you?
Because it sounds old to me. And I think maybe my views and reactions to things are changing because I am getting old. Which I know, I should embrace,and blah, blah, blah.
But seriously, it scares me. Quite frightful indeed.
Good news, my broker gave me hella good advice the other day about retirement . . . I'm gonna be millionaire when I am 65.

3 comments:

Courtney O. said...

You're not old, Berle - you're 25 for the love! We're still just babies in the grand scheme of things. And thank God for that. Who wants to be old???

Courtney O. said...

Oh, and I almost forgot - Congrats on being a millionaire at 65! That's always good!!

Lindsey said...

I feel the same way...but I'm 28. I don't like staying out late anymore...I'm in bed by 10 or 11pm at the latest. I constantly complain about "kids today"...I have little to no patience and I don't like clubs anymore.

Honestly, I like myself better this way...I finally feel like a grown up. Only bad thing is when my knees pop when I bend down...damn!

P.S. Also can't feel too old b/c I'm not married yet...not even dating anyone. May feel more old once that happens.