Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bunny Tales

I went home for Easter. Like always.
Got to spend some time with my nephews and niece and five month pregnant with twins sister. All around good.
Some things I found to be funny/frustrating.

1) Mom mentioned hubby and I moving and babies no less than fifteen times. Each time she was met with a more exaggerated head shake and eye roll from hubby.

2) After counting all her plastic eggs and emptying the candy/money/toys into a plastic bag, my six year old niece decided to be upset about God only knows what. Her mother told her that if she didn't straighten up and lose the attitude, she would lose her candy/money/toys. With the look of the devil in her eyes she said to her mother, "So!". At which point I grabbed her arm and reassured her that if she ever wanted to sit again she would not speak to her mother that way in my presence. I was given a glance from head to toe, followed with a lengthy eye glare.

3) I think I might need children in order to be totally included in the family Easter celebration. The married with no kids thing was totally lacking in joy this year. I feel pressure!

4 comments:

Courtney O. said...

You should have joined our family - the majority of the grandkids are still without children of our own (excluding Stacie, that is), so we had an adult easter egg hunt for eggs that Maw Maw had filled with lottery tickets and chocolate! KILLER! I have the coolest grandparents EVER :)

Px said...

don't feel the pressure of having kids
well done you for sounding off at your neice, justified

Natalia said...

See I had a totally different reaction. I am the one without kids and sitting there watching them struggle with the kids and how disrespectful they can be and how my sisters have to be watching them and cannot enjoy themselves, I was so happy to be childless :)

-N

SS said...

Welcome to the baby pressure club. I've been a member for years. My parents have even said that if they win the lotto (unlikely, I know) they will give me and Hubby 25% provided that I get pregnant within 1 year of getting the money (CRAZY!!!) Don't give into the pressure until you're really ready.