Thursday, April 21, 2005

Screw Motherhood

There are three people in my household. Soon to be four.
For some reason I really like to take people in.
Out of those three people there is only one that does the dishes everyday.
Out of those three people there is only one that picks the couch cushions up off the floor and puts them back on the couch.
Out of those three people there is only one who thinks about dusting.
Only one that puts dishes in the dishwasher after rinsing them.
Only one that doesn't leave water glasses everywhere.
And Only one that is on the verge of a complete meltdown because she is only 24 freaking years old, works 50 hours a week, is not an actual mom (although they all call me that), therefore should in no way be the ONLY ONE!



Well, I feel a little better now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait - Is somebody pregnant, or are you really getting another roommate? So confused...

sv4494 said...

This is something you are going to have to teach the people in your household. They were not brought up by Imelda Jackson and do not think the same way about "such chores" as we have been brought up on.
I remember standing in the kitchen of my old house, I was 27,(working 2 jobs-7 days a week) Rhonda, Bo, Shaina & Jarod (boyfriend at time) were all "living" with me. I came home only to find that dinner was still in the sink (not rinsed)I freaking lost it!
Do not let these "little" things get to you, TRAIN them, baby...they can not read your mind. Like I said not "everyone" was brought up in the ways of "Imelda Jackson cleaning 101"
I love you.