Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mother's Day

I have a prior obligation on Mother's Day weekend this year.
So, I'm headed home this weekend to spend some time with the life giver.
My mom.
She's a special lady.
I miss her terribly.
She is the kind of mom that can put you in a good mood and make you laugh seconds after you were crying.
She is the kind of mom that believes no sacrifice is to great for her children.
Sometimes I don't know how I live being so far from her.
Of course the daily, sometimes twice daily, phone calls help.
This weekend we will weight watchers food shop, clothes shop, sunbath, gossip, plan when I should get pregnant so she can take vacation to spend a least two weeks with me when the baby is born (It will change the next time we talk. It seems to be getting closer each time . . . ) and watch at least two girly movies that my dad refuses to see with her.
I'm edge of my seat excited.

7 comments:

Courtney O. said...

You have a safe trip. And tell yo mama hello for me :)

Princess Pessimism said...

Wow...For mothers day, I will be flying in from vegas...sleeping a few hours, and then driving back to windsor. Although, I will buy my mom some flowers, and a card. She hates commercial holidays like this...She never wants to do anything

Lindsey said...

Glad you and your mom are close...I'm only good for an hour TOPS. After that...I'm antsy and ready to go home.

Miss Ash said...

I'm with PP flying home from Vegas arriving at 6am. I'll most likely want to sleep when i get home. My sister will have to pick something out for our mom from us :)

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Enjoy and savor each moment while you can!

Natalia said...

Have a blast darling.

-N

SS said...

Wow, my Mom is nothing like that! Still, I love her to death.

Have fun during your "Mom time." It sounds great!