Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Passports

Never have had a passport.
My travels have been in country. Well, I went to Canada once, but that was long before we needed anything specific to get in. And Mexico, same there.
But with Egypt in our future, a passport is a must.
We went and applied for ours yesterday and they charged us $300!
Does that seem pretty pricey to anyone else?
And what if we are denied?
Do we get that money back?
Not that we will be. No arrests or suspicious behavior on our part.
At least they are good for ten years.

5 comments:

The Shib said...

For real? I had no idea they were that much!

wigsf said...

$300 for the ability to travel anywhere anytime. I don't think that's too much.

yrautca said...

That sounds pricey but yes it is valuable and it should motivate you and Mr berly to go on more overseas trips.

Lindsey said...

For mine alone it was around $100. The only thing that was really nerve wracking to me about it was having to give them my original birth certificate and 'trust them' to return it to me in the mail! But they did...whew!

Egypt sounds awesome!

The Shib said...

I am so gonna start calling Alan Mr Berly!