Monday, January 24, 2005

Better Quality

So the DVD player that Alan and I received as a wedding gift is now broken. It was suppose to be top of the line and since day one, we have had problems with this machine.
But we are avid movie renters. We have that netflix thing. Best program ever!! We have been members for I think almost three years now. Anyhoo, we can't get our money out of it if we don't have a DVD player, right? right!
Our friends Brett and Heather were over last night and the broken machine came up. Brett says, quite intelligently, you can just use the x-box to play the movies. Alan replies, well we have to get the remote to make it work. I say ok, how much is that? Only forty dollars the men reply.
So I wake up this morning and ask Alan if he is going to go get whatever it is that we need to convert the x-box to a movie machine. We got this cartoon Home on the Range, I really want to watch it.
Well, I don't know if that is what I want to do Alan says. Why I ask? He says he is researching the whole DVD thing to see which would be best to get. But why spend more money than we need to if you can just get the converter thingy for the x-box I inquire.
Because I want something with better quality he states.
In my head, BETTER QUALITY?, YOU WANT SOMETHING SO THAT THE PICTURE LOOKS A MILIGRAIN BETTER AND YOUR GOING TO SPEND AT LEAST $100 MORE TO GET THIS? WHAT THE F*#K!?
Alan gets all gestapo on me when I come back from the mall, grocery store, sam's, anywhere that I could spend money and quizzes me on what I bought and why I paid what I did. But when it comes to his toys, apparently spending what we don't need to is okay.

I am so buying that new wok tonight.

No comments: