Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Electronically Challenged

I live in a house with Alan, the computer guy, so I am never at a loss as to how to work something electronic. He just knows. If it is electronic - he can work it. I realize that not everyone has an Alan in their house. Like my parents.
Who have sticky notes all over their DVD and Satellite box.
Each telling them what buttons to press when and for what function.
They have had this system well over a year.
Since I don't go home much, I don't really pay attention to that kind of stuff. And my sister and Alan are usually talking about their sticky notes. Me being oblivious and having an Alan to work my electronics thought they were joking.
But alas, they were not.
Monday afternoon we are all watching a cooking show and Big Sissy says something about their sticky notes. I give a little chuckle, and then happen to actually look at the DVD and Satellite box.
Little yellow sticky notes.
Everywhere.

4 comments:

Courtney O. said...

That's hilarious :)
Your parents are my kind of people!!! I have my brother who always has to come over and help me with the computer stuff!!!

Lindsey said...

Don't laugh...I have sticky notes galore at my office. I'm not memory inclined or mechanically inclined. Sometimes you've just gotta do whatca gotta do.

yrautca said...

So who is aunti em and what did you not mean?

I saw this cool all-in-one remote at best buy. You have to program it but then all you have to do is press 'play movie' or 'watch Tv' etc and it does the rest.

sv4494 said...

you know what is even more sad than all the sticky notes on how to work the DVD & VCR, is that I could not tell yo the last time they even watched a movie on DVD or VHS. Do they even own DVE's Kimberly? They pay an outrageous cable bill (that all of us would like to be able to afford), with all the Movie channels, just about every channel that Comcast has.
Our parents, they are GREAT!!! I had a good time this past weekend too, tell Alan Hello!