Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Busted

I was humming to myself as I went up the stairs to my office. Quite happy about the nice weather and yummy chicken salad sandwich I just had for lunch. Still a little upset about the Astros last night but I'm not worried. We'll get it tonight. I unlocked the door to the kitchen area instead of going through the copy room like I usually do. I thought I would grab a water before I absorbed myself in the files sitting on my desk. I look up as I remove my key from the door, my boss is there with a ominous grin on his face . . .

"Hey, Kimberly. How was lunch?"
"Great."
(heart kicks up a notch)
"Do you know what happened to that bottle of Crown that was in the cabinet?"

shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

"Ya."
"Really, what?"



fuck fuck fuck
Ok, here's the thing, the girls I work with were having an uber bad day about a month ago. The hurricane was coming, one of them had to call off her wedding, I had to write a story for Sunday's paper, there were people at my house and I didn't want to go home, so . . . we opened the crown. And well, we drank it all. It was an impromptu party for three. But even worse is that we were drinking at the office. We then got tipsy and invited others to come join our party. Not so smart. I know. Do you think he is gonna fire me???

"It got drank, Bill"
"Oh, Ok then. I was just wondering."


Whew!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I work with you!!!!! That's awesome. You get shitty at work and he's like "oh, ok" I can't believe you guys didn't even replace it.....nutz

Princess Pessimism said...

I want to work at an office where they keep booze....

Katie said...

thats funny as shit!

Lindsey said...

He let you off with it? Holy crap! I'm coming to work there.

Px said...

wuhoo!!
alcohol at work is a great idea, i might suggest it to my boss

Px said...

as much as i love you berly, i now hate you too
i've got a damned busted song in my head now
fyi busted are like a boy band here in the uk, except they "play" instruments...google them, find a song and dl it, the one in my head is air hostess

Courtney O. said...

I'm glad you kept it short and sweet - that's key. When clearly busted, do not ramble!!! And yeah, your job is way cooler than mine.

berly02 said...

amy, pp, and linny - I'll totally put in a good word for you. Of course, it would mean moving. But we could have lots of mini parties because there are about three other bottles of liquor hidden around the office.

katie - funny now, not so much when it was happening :)

px - sorry!

courtney - I don't have near as many cool people to work with and make fun of like you.

Px said...

heh heh it's cool, i've since moved on to the stereophonics, now that i can live with :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should also go ahead and tell Bill (since he's being so cool about it) that ya'll drank that bottle of wine that was a gift from a client. And how there was a huge controversy with the bottle opener. How many aggies does it take to uncork a bottle of wine? Apparently 4 in our case.

Although my favorite part was when you put the crown in the Sonic drink. Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Lime Diet Coke with Crown in it... Everything a ladie needs.

Princess Pessimism said...

Berly....just tell me where to send my resume....and put in a good word that I have loads of booze to hide too.

Natalia said...

Loved that answer...it was true and it was simple. After all, he didn't ask who drank it.

hehe

-N

Phil said...

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to have a good drinking party at work, even after hours, but I can't get away with it at my place.

yrautca said...

I wish I had my boss under contol like that. Good for you. Told the truth and let him deal with it. Sounds like when Sex and the City met Desperate Housewives.