Friday, October 21, 2005

Call me crazy . . .

. . . but I miss the newness of relationships.

I miss the long talks about nothing and everything. I miss staying up late and watching infomercials because nothing else is on but you don't want to fall asleep and miss a moment together. I miss the awkward silences. The quiet laughs at each other. The daily phone calls (text messages for the daters out there now a days).

I miss the first dates. Taking hours to get ready. The way it feels when all your senses are on overdrive and your just waiting for him to put his arm around you or hold your hand. I miss when he actually does grab your hand for the first time, interlocking his fingers with yours. That incredible rush of sensation that shoots up your arm and washes over your body making you feel like you might burst with pleasure.

I miss the first kisses. The ones that have to be taken slow so you can adjust to the other person's style. And the sharp intake of breath as his hand slips under your shirt and rubs the small of your back.

I miss the attempts made to impress me. And the way it feels to know someone likes me enough to try to impress me. I miss starting something and seeing where it goes.

Call me crazy . . . but I miss the newness.

10 comments:

Princess Pessimism said...

Ya, but think about the people who are single....most of them want what you have....

the newness is good, but can never be topped by someone you know you can trust, be committed to.

berly02 said...

Your totally right. I love what I have.
But there are times . . .

Lindsey said...

I agree with PP. We all want what you've got but I totally understand where you're coming from. Those first few months in a relationship are some of the best. When you can't get enough of each other. Marathon phone calls...wanting to spend every moment together...

Katie said...

i miss it to sometimes but pp is right..but i still want the new thing back....

yrautca said...

Holy smokes! PP makes sense!!!! Howdit that happen. Just kidding. Yes berly, grass seems always greener on the other side but seldom is. Give your hubby some shit over calling you dramatic and have him send you for a day long massage therapy at some salon. You will feel much better ;)

FU said...

vintage is always better than brand new... ;)

Princess Pessimism said...

Yrautca - RUDE!!!! LOL

Phil said...

Princess made a good point, but nothing is as thrilling as getting to know a new person. You expressed it very eloquently, and yes, guys too have those same feelings.

Px said...

when i'm single all i want to do is cuddle up to someone or hold their hand, thats what i miss most about things when i'm single. when i'm with someone i find that i hold things back from them, i don't want them to know everything straight away because that way there is often something new for them to learn about you, and i try not to dig too deep into their life, i slowly get to know them, keeping the newness

Courtney O. said...

I hear ya, sister! When I start feeling that way, I usually schedule a trip of some sort. That usually adds excitement :)