Sunday, January 22, 2006

Avoidance

Ok. Anyone who knows Alan knows he is super laid back, likes pretty much everybody and hardly ever says his opinion out loud.
He is so quiet at times you think he may not even have an opinion or be bothered by anything that ever happens.

But yesterday.
Yesterday I learned something new.

We went to lunch at Super Salad. So good. And healthy.
He forgot to bring in some cash to tip the waitress and on his way out to the car he runs into a former client (who secretly loves him and wants to steal him from me).
This lady is so loud that I can hear her from across the restaurant.
"Oh Alan (squeal). How are you? This is my sister Angela. Angela this is Alan . . . "
Now. My back was turned to this. So I only heard.
Alan gets back to the table and I asked him who he ran into.
While rolling his eyes and using an exasperated tone, he tells me.
We are done with our food at this point in time.
I ask him if he is ready to go. He shrugs his shoulders.
"You don't want to have to walk by and introduce me and talk to that lady, do you?"
"No"
He says. "She is really talky. You know those people who trap you into conversation. I can never get out of it."
I proceed to laugh. A lot.
My quiet, nice, nothing bothers him, hubby is willing to drag out a meal in order to avoid talking to a perfectly nice, but overly chatty, woman.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ahhhh. I think it's cute.

Princess Pessimism said...

I ALSO think that's cute.

Px said...

i'd have done the same, or i'd have picked up my phone, and then run out of the place looking panicky saying something like "ok, ok, i'm coming now, i'll be there as soon as i can, don't pull it out!"

Px said...

you're right, i do tag her a lot...so instead of tagging Kt Mae, i'm tagging you

Natalia said...

Some people truly cannot tell when someone wants to end a conversation. You can stay quiet, and start to walk away and they will still blabber on... Ick!

-N

yrautca said...

This is too funny. I like how you tried to trick him to say anything nice about this woman so you could tear him apart. Women are so manipulative. Admit it berly, you wanted to find out whether he liked the chat.