Monday, January 16, 2006

The Voices

Everyone does them. Everyone.
I won't believe you if you say you don't!

Hubby and I often say, out loud to each other, what our cats are saying/thinking to us or each other. Very funny stuff.
It is one of those rare times that Hubby shows his humor.
He is a really funny guy, but so quiet most of the time that no body knows that.
Anyhoo
Shana, she's one of my ultra fabulous friends, does the voices as well. Actually, she may have started me on it.
I used to be afraid to fly.
Get pretty nervous before I would get on a plane.
One weekend in college I had to fly home to go to some stupid banquet with some stupid guy I was seeing and Shana drove me to the airport.
Very very small airport.
To calm me down, she sat with me for about an hour.
We sat looking out the windows at the tiny plane I was going to have to board.
And because Shana is such a funny ladie, she did the voices of air traffic control and the pilot talking to each other about getting ready to go.
It went something like this.

"Air traffic control, I think I am ready to go, over"
"You are a no go, red light is not blinking on the back of the plane, you are a no go. Have you pushed the on button?, over"
"On button has been activated over"
"Oh, Oh, the red light is now blinking. You are go, over"
"What does the red blinking light mean air traffic control?, over"
"Ummm . . . No time for questions Captain. You must be going now to stay on schedule, over"

It may not seem funny now. But that day it was the best.

7 comments:

Courtney O. said...

Shana's always funny - as is Allan, who is surprisingly sarcastic these days!!! I love it! Those guys crack me up...
And the voices are done in our household as well. Mo is Napoleon Dynamite and he says things that dumb, fat guys would say. And Sasha is Shenaynay, complete with bad attitude. I amuse myself, though Kevin doesn't seem to think it's very funny anymore. What's up with that???

Natalia said...

I love the voices. When I was in college in NYC, we used to have this skywalk and there used to be pigeons on it all the time. Sometimes we use to sit around and make up whole conversations between pigeons. Once we watched as two had sex and then the female was asking for hugs and cuddling and the male was off to get a beer. It was hilarious.

-N

SS said...

Ah yes, the voices. My Puppy is always calling me and Hubby "bitches" -- I don't know why, but at some point we decided that Puppy was an angry little mutt and whenever we do his voice he is always pissed at us and calls us nasty names. Maybe I should get another Puppy who is more polite =)

Lindsey said...

I totally do voices and I have a tendency to quote a lot of movies.

Px said...

everyone does the voices, doing the voices helps you get through the day, it gives you something to laugh at
and it's a great way to break teh ice in various situations

Phil said...

I used to have a very funny stand up comedy bit about people who talk to their dogs as if they're small children. The final line was, "First of all, they can't understand us, and second of all, if they can, they think we're morons."

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

When in large places like airport teminals, I like to make up stories and put voices and dialog to conversations I can see but not hear...

I can do about any accent in the world too...