Thursday, March 31, 2005

Temper Tantrums

Let me just say, I think it is totally normal for someone in their twenties to have a temper tantrum. In fact, I think more people should, in the privacy of their own home of course, have temper tantrums. And I will tell you why.
Yesterday seemed to be the day determined to get my good spirit down. And it did.
I call the cell phone people. Not early because I know they are going to do something that makes me call them the devil and I did not want to start off my morning like that. I want to drop the second line on my service because my second replacement phone is still not working. I got it from the insurance company, who by the way, charged me fifty dollars. Why have I been giving you six dollars a month for a "free replacement phone in case of damage"? I don't know why sales people have to lie. Lies make baby Jesus cry.
So the guy on the phone says, "oh, well you are available for a FREE upgrade phone. Just go to any of our stores and trade in your old phone." I repeat this info. And I repeat that I will not have to pay ANYTHING!!! He says I am correct.
I go to the store in the mall from which I purchased the cell phone in the beginning. She tells me I have to go to a corporate store, which closes at seven. It is now 6:42. I leave.
I go to the corporate store.
Kevin at that corporate store informs me that in order to get the FREE phone I will have to resign my contract for two years. What????
I call Alan and he says go ahead.
Kevin, the already scared because he can tell I am on my way to being a bitchy customer, asks me nonchalantly if the representative on the phone informed me of the $18 fee in the store and $18 fee on the bill for reactivation.
No he did not I tell him.
I call Alan back.
We decide to forgo the new phone and wait out our contract (June).
Now I ask you, If I have to pay $36 how in the name of all that is good and holy in this world is this phone FREE???
I was pissed.
On top of this episode, I am fixing to start and my hormones are raging. I found out today that one of the most beloved pets in my life has passed away. I have been feeling bad about my weight/looks/personality/life. And there are people really pissing me off that I can't say anything to because it is their personality traits that are irritating me.
So I got home, locked myself in my closet. Beat the plastic drawers with my blue tennis shoe, sobbed on the carpet for a while and then undressed and went to bed.
And even though I ended up getting up and running errands with Alan, I felt so much better. This morning I feel better, renewed, energized, ready to face Enrique from Cingular's customer service department.

No comments: