Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Big Salad

Does anyone watch the Seinfeld reruns?
I love them. Can't watch them enough. There is one where George buys lunch for Elaine, but she doesn't know it because someone else hands her the bag and he gets all George like about it and tells her that she should have said thank you to him because he bought the "big salad" not the other person.
And while that was a great episode, I was thinking how I am sorta like George.

I want the credit. I want to be known as the one who did that something nice or bought someone something.
But that makes me sad. Because I really want to be a generous person without feeling like I should be getting something in return.

Am I always gonna be a selfish person?


3 comments:

Courtney O. said...

Berle,
You are one of the least selfish people I know.
Remember that!

Lindsey said...

Awwww. Don't feel bad. I think there is a little bit of that in everyone. Me included!

And I LOVE Seinfeld. I'm watching it right now. lol.

Phil said...

Hi Kim, Thanks for visiting my blog. Thought I'd return the favor. I don't think you can ever go wrong discussing Seinfeld re-runs in any context. As for you feeling selfish for wanting credit when you do something nice, don't worry about it. I had a psychology professor who said that there is nothing we do that isn't selfish. Contributing to hurrican relief may seem selfless, but don't we really do it because it makes us feel good to do so?