My mom has always had great advice. But as a daughter, it is my job to not listen to said advice, make mistakes she warned me against, and then write this post to let the world know that she was in fact . . . well, right.
1) Always look your best, or at least decent, when you are in public. You never know who you might meet/run into.
2) Never get in the car without a bra and clean underoos.
3) Don't back talk me.
4) Dust once a week.
5) Separate your reds, always.
6) Keep enough money in savings that if you have to leave you can.
7) Pray about your problems.
8) Pick your friends carefully.
I am sure there are more. But these are the ones I remember (and learned from).