Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Coffee Pot

There are three reasons why I wake up each and every morning. Without these three things, I really couldn't see the point of getting out of bed.
They are, in no particular order . . .

1. Alan (he makes me work if I want to buy pretty things)
2. My job (I love it)
3. Coffee (it is the sweet nectar of life for me, without it I don't function well)

The first day at my present job, I knew I would stay forever. For one reason and one reason only. They brew coffee. All day.
So I stopped making my own at home so that I could sit around with everyone and have a couple of cups and chit chat about nothing important for thirty minutes until we realize we all have work to do.
Only now, the coffee pot is broken. For some reason it takes 45 minutes to brew a pot. And it only brews 8 cups when it is suppose to be producing 12.
You know what that means. I go till 8:45 without coffee. Without the nectar. I can't take it.
I could go back to making my own at home. But, well, I'd rather bitch about the work coffee pot.
The good news.
The coffee problem has finally come to the attention of my boss.
We are getting a new and improved coffee machine for Christmas.
YEAH!!!!

11 comments:

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Run a few pots of vinagar through it...

That should fix it up right.

I'd die without coffee...

Px said...

see i'm not a coffee fan
i don't like the taste
i don't like the smell
i just don't like it
although i can see how it helps people to get up in the mornings

Princess Pessimism said...

You know, an apple will give you more energy in the morning than a cup of coffee will.

SS said...

I'm so envious that you love your job. Yeah for you!

I also can't function at work without coffee in the morning. 45 minutes a pot would kill me! But (and this is the oddest thing) I don't own a coffee maker at home. On weekends I either have to get coffee from Starbucks (which is rare becuase I live in BFE) or I do without. How can one be so dependent on coffee 5 days a week and do without the other 2 days? Strange.

PP -- Okay, I love a good apple. They keep the doctor away and all. But, a substitute for coffe they are not!

Drywall Mom said...

I love sitting around talking to friends, especially when there is something to do along with it. Sometimes we all go to starbucks and sit around talking over coffee or if it's a night when all our friends are over, someone is in charge of bringing over the drinks for the night and everyone chips in and we sit outside and hang out. It's almost like a comfort thing for adults like teddy bears are to kids if you ask me.

Drywall Mom said...

I also don't own a coffee machine, probably so I don't get addicted to coffee.

Lindsey said...

I HATE coffee. Seriously...HATE!!!!
Smells great, tastes like crap.

Courtney O. said...

Please don't listen to Linny :) She knows not what she says...

Px said...

FYI
a cup of tea (very english i know) has more caffeine in it than a cup of coffee

and i'm with linny

Phil said...

Aaaaah yes! There is nothing sweeter than free coffee and office chit chat first thing in the a.m.

Anonymous said...

Alan, if you don't have anything nice to post, then don't post at all...honestly...

I too enjoy the partaking of the coffee. Although with the sweet n low and also the vanilla coffeemate, it seems less like coffee and more like vanilla- sugar-water. Perhaps I should just skip the coffee and make coffeemate with sweet n low. That would wake me right up.