Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Why should I care?

It has come to my attention that a certain somebody I work with submits an inaccurate number of hours each pay day. This somebody puts down when she is suppose to be here, regardless, if she was or not.
There are about 72 hours a year she gets paid for when she was in fact, not present. Doesn't sound like a lot? That is $504.00 a year. That's an insurance payment, car payment, groceries for two months, etc.
And really, if I have to be truthful, that is not the big thing that bothers me. It is the fact that she consistently lies. That's no good.
I have the biggest problem with liars.
But I have to shut my (big) mouth. Smile at her. And choke on her deceptive aura.
The sad part - she is my friend. I really like her. But knowing this makes me . . . well, it makes me not want to be her friend.
So my question.
Why should I care?
How do I get past this fact since my boss is obviously ok with the situation. (Yes, he is most certainly aware)

6 comments:

Px said...

if i were you i'd do the same as her and when someone mentions it to you you can say that no-one minds her doing it, why should they mind you doing it?

Courtney O. said...

Yeah - just dont show up one day and then submit a time card for it! That'll show her :)

Princess Pessimism said...

Its difficult becuase while you're there working, doing your job, she saunters in and screws around with her time card....and in essence gets something for nothing.

There's always going to be someone that sails through the day a little bit easier than you, and if you let it get to you every time it happens, you'd wind up in a mental institution.

I'm a big believer in karma....and if Karma takes too long, slash her tires on your lunck break. LOL

Lindsey said...

Most definetly agree with PP.

This would totally piss me off too. What is your boss' problem and why doesn't he address it?

Pheebs said...

ooh that is INFURIATING!!! That kind of thing drives me insane--laziness in the workplace is at the top of my Pet Peeves list. I would just casually mention it to her and ask her what the hell is going on there...

...and I'm with Linny--what is your boss thinking?!

Anonymous said...

Hello Darling!!!
Betcha didn't think you would ever see a comment from me on here. Well, SUPRISE, SUPRISE, SUPRISE!
Anyway, I can only give my point of view on this topic based on age and experience, and you probably won't like what I have to say.....
LET IT GO! I am a firm believer in the fact that it all catches up with you in the end. Her cereal may be sweet today, but the milk may surely sour by tomorrow. So, I guess what I am saying is....Take it off your plate and put it in God's hands. You will feel better when you do! Luv ya bunches Berly, and Holden says to blow ya a kissy!
Kim