Monday, November 21, 2005

Grapes

I'm eating grapes at my desk this morning.
And all I can think about is my sophomore year in college.
My roommate and I took an American Literature class together.
It was the best.
We got to review a ton of poems and short stories that were all interesting. Well, most of them at least.
But this one poem stuck with us. It is about plums being in the icebox and being eaten by the person they were not intended for and that person is apologizing.
For some strange reason we got the biggest kick out of this poem.
Who wrote it?
Where they mad about their plums being gone?
What happened next?
Who leaves a note like that?
We had all sorts of questions concerning this poem.
When we moved to an apartment our junior year we started freezing grapes to have all the time. One day I came home and there on the fridge door was the poem. Nicely typed up with no signature.
And in the freezer. No grapes.

I miss you ladie!

5 comments:

The Shib said...

I loved that poem. And those grapes were so good.

That was my best apology ever.

Lindsey said...

That's so sweet! i want someone to freeze me grapes...

Phil said...

I admit it. I wrote the poem.

Px said...

the grapes of wrath...maybe not

SS said...

Oooh! You've got to dig up that poem and post it here for all of us to read =)