Tuesday, December 21, 2004

His many wives

My real dad has had many wives. Not at the same time of course, he's not Mormon. His first was of course my beautiful mother. That lasted a while. The best out of all I would think, but then again I am biased.
Then there was the 20 year old he was engaged to. At least I think she was really young. It's what I picture when I think of her and the only memory I had of the time cause I was like four.
After her, he married Teresa. From the rumors he was drunk the entire time with her, and when he stopped they divorced. But I did learn to pop a wheelie in her front yard. I also drank spit up chaw from a Dr. Pepper can one morning because she was to lazy to clean shit up.
Next was Randi. This one was little longer and I gained some stepsisters that I liked. Of course Randi used to tell me that I needed to eat more salad and less of everything else. Stupid bitch.
She started my complex. I am sure of it.
The last wife was Patti. This is the one that actually cheated on my dad instead of the other way around. She taught me to drive. I guess I am grateful for that.
When he was done with being married he moved on to live-in/semi serious girlfriends.
There was Mickey, Billie (my favorite, I really liked her out of everyone he has ever been with, but she was to good I guess), someone I can't remember because I never met, and now Sheryl, who I have never met but will be seeing on Christmas day.
I try to think what kind of emotions I have about this information. And surprising enough, none. I'm not sad, mad, glad, you get the picture.
This is just my dad. And thankfully I have gotten used to it.

2 comments:

sv4494 said...

To my little sister...I am so sorry that you even remember 1/2 of what you do about our dad and growing up. I tried so hard to shelter you when I could. When he would be drunk and mean (you were real little) I stood in the way so that he could never hurt you, getting hurt myself in the process. A small price to pay so that he did not ever touch you on my watch when we would w/him on the weekends he had us. I truly hope that is all you remember about him. I love you, your Big Sister

berly02 said...

Who he is and what he has done helps to make me who I am. I am glad for the knowledge. I think I have chosen well.