Monday, December 13, 2004

They forgot the essence!!!!!!

So Paige's grandma sent her a big tin of cookies for some reason. They are the kind of cookies that aren't that great, but I can't not eat them because they come in a festive tin. I love to eat foods that are decorated or packaged cool.
My favorite meal in the whole world right now is a chicken caesar salad in a parmesan cheese bowl. Now, if there is no bowl, then it is really just a salad. Still good, but not my fav.
I have to have the bowl. I get this meal from Blue Baker. Just a local sandwich shop. I look forward to the times when I get to eat this though. My whole week is sometimes planned around it. I mean, really, what can you not love about getting to eat what the salad came in. Plus, it is made of cheese!!!
Need I say more really?
But I will. You see, I have explained my love of this salad in a cheese bowl and now I must tell you the horror that happened. Paige and I ordered dinner from Blue Baker. She got a sandwich and I, of course, ordered the chicken caesar salad in a parmesan cheese bowl, with onions please. They told us what the total was and said it would be about 30 minutes to deliver.
In that thirty minutes I got completely excited about getting to eat this salad in a bowl. I set out the napkins, fork, tv trays and lit some candles. I was going to enjoy this salad to the fullest.
There is a knock at the door. I am in the kitchen getting water, so Paige hands the guy the money and sets the food on our tv trays. I rush to my seat. Get comfortable. Set my napkin in my lap. Place my water to the left. Pull the tv tray close so I won't spill. Open the to-go container. Pick up the to-go cup of caesar to pour on the lettuce. As I start pouring and mixing I notice something is different. That's right. NO CHEESE BOWL!
How can they do this to me. I call them. They say, "Oh yeah, we ran out."
How in the name of all that is good and holy do you run out of the essence of the meal?
But they did. And I ended up eating a stupid chicken salad.

No comments: