Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Poo

Ever since my sophomore year in college, I have been obsessed with poo. It was because a friend was constipated for like three months, and we were all trying to give her tips that would help. Most people are quite uncomfortable talking about it, I am not. Really, it something everybody does!
My husband, after four years of being with me, has learned that I will speak of poo from day to day in a very natural way. He still will not.
But he is not embarrassed anymore. Unless we are in front of new people. There is always that moment of hesitation to see if they are receptive to poo talk or disgusted.
I had a teacher in journalism that used to write the word poo on my papers. He meant it in much the same way as everyone else, unfortunately. But at least he wasn't embarrassed by it.
My question to you, and think about this one, why are you uncomfortable talking about poo?
You would then be able to talk about releasing gas, which we all know is usually an embarrassing subject. But if you embrace these topics, they are no longer embarrassing, just facts and sometimes funny.

No comments: