Thursday, December 16, 2004

Hobby Lobby

Paige went to Hobby Lobby and bought a whole bunch of stuff to paint with and make some really cool gifts. I thought to myself, I can paint and make really cool gifts! So, I then made the journey to the Hobby Lobby. I could lose myself in there. But Paige is with me, keeping me focused.
The whole time I am looking at different stuff and thinking, I could be creative. I could buy that unfinished mirror over there and decorate it so cute with some green and ivory paint. And oh!, look at those little shelves. They would go perfect in the bathroom. I saw some stencil stuff that would be adorable. Maybe I could make everyone's gift next year.
I choose a few things and head to the front register. All the way doing the rubber neck thing and almost breaking some vases because I wasn't walking in a straight line.
I pay for my selected items. And head home. When I get home I unload my goodies with just a little bit of excitement. This is gonna be so cool. My nephews are gonna love this.
I get about half way through the first present, painting ever so carefully, and I start to think, damn, I should have bought them a gift certificate to Toys r Us. I hate this painting crap. What made me think this would be fun?
And then Paige says, "Isn't this fun?" (She is also painting)
It was at first, really. But I think I choose something with to much work. I am getting a little bored. But I have two presents left to finish.
So I woke up early this morning and started on another. And next year, I will remember why I don't make presents. The feeling of creativity is heightened inside Hobby Lobby. It is not a true feeling. I must remember.

No comments: