Friday, December 24, 2004

Today will be the day

Today will be the day that I drive three hours in order to spend Christmas with my family.
Today will be the day that I wear festive holiday pajamas to work and it is ok, mostly because I am the manager.
Today will be the day that starts my two pound holiday gain. First there will be one or two pieces of holiday chocolate, then maybe someone will bring spinach dip and ruffles, and there is always that one person who makes cookies!
Today will be the day I tell Alan for the fourteenth time that I did not marry him expecting to do all the dishes all the time, and just because Paige does them for him, does not get him off the hook. And he had better have everything picked up and ready to go since he got off today and I have to work seven hours on a day that should be God's day!
Today will be the day I say goodbye to my cats for three days. I'm gonna miss them.
Today will be the day I wait on customers who have just begun shopping. Which means I will be handling a lot of money through out the day. Those last minute husbands are the best.
And finally, Today will be the day I am happiest and friendliest to strangers because I love Christmas eve even more than Christmas day.

No comments: