Saturday, December 11, 2004

Imelda Ann

That's my momma. She is the most wonderful, beautiful, smart, fun, and downright perfect momma. At least to me. Cause I understand the importance of everyone feeling this way about their own momma.
Let me tell you what this woman has done. When she was 19 she got pregnant with my sister Stephanie. Unmarried you say, egads! But not for long. She married Gerald. A mistake perhaps. But a good one because she was able to provide her unborn with a future. She then had Stephanie and two years later, Jennifer. A nice family you may think. But seven years later I was born. Some would say an accident. I say, "You still love me the same right?" Of course she does. Because she is the most wonderful, beautiful, smart, fun, and downright perfect momma.
So after thirteen years of my dad's abuse and drunkenness, mom finally gets out.
This highlights the smartness I spoke of. She then meets Derrell who is the most wonderful, handsome, smart, fun and downright perfect daddy three kids could ask for. Good job momma!
They marry. They are happy.
My mother's strength awes me. No matter what I have done or said to this woman, she is there for me. She is one of the two people in my world that has never broken a promise to me. She stands by to let me make my mistakes. She then picks up the pieces and puts them exactly where they need to go for me to move forward. How does she do this? For my entirety, she has had the answers, the strength, the wisdom, and the love to see me through.
This is a woman to be reckoned with, for she will seek justice if you harm one of hers. And she is a woman to believe in, because she will not let you down. And most of all, and I can not stress this enough, she is a woman to be respected and honored because she has sacrificed so much of herself for her children and family. And she damn well deserves every thing that we have to give.

No comments: